Hi! How is lockdown life going for you? Have you joined the ‘iso baking bandwagon’ and looking for an easy recipe to try? Then look no further! Fate must be on your side for you to stumble on this post, for here I am sharing my one and only banana cake recipe with you. It is so simple and easy to make, I would like to say its ‘fail-proof’. This soft, moist, tasty banana cake will surely be a hit among your family and friends. One bite and they will surely go BA-NA-NAs!
Try it and you’ll see.
- 1 cup overripe bananas (mashed)
- 2 cups All Purpose Flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 cup milk + 1 Tbsp vinegar or 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- walnuts, or any nuts of your choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160F.
- Grease loaf pan with oil and line with baking paper.
- Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda together. Mix and make a well in the middle.
- Add in eggs, oil, and milk with vinegar.
- Mix the batter starting from the middle going out in one direction only.
- Add mashed bananas.
- Pour batter into loaf pan.
- Top with walnuts.
- Bake for 60-70minutes.
- Let cool before removing from the loaf pan.
Have fun baking! Please don’t forget to rate the star button on top of the page and leave a comment if you love this recipe.